SHARP LMV-50 Vertical Knee Mill
SHARP LMV-50 Vertical Knee Mill
Contact us for price
Please note: many products ship straight from manufacturer
SHARP 9" x 50" Vertical Knee Mill LMV-50
- This model has many unique features compared with most of the other similar machines on the market.
- The quill is CNC ground to a mirror finish and chromed to fit the housing resulting in close to jig bore accuracy for quill downfeed.
- Tapered gibs installed on the ways allows easy adjustment for long term usage..
- The bottom of the saddle, instead of the top of the knee ways, which rides on the knee, is hand scraped for better oil retention and prevent dirt and chips from embedded in the knee ways.
- 9 x 42 ins table, 12 x 30 ins travel (LMV-42)
- 9 x 50 ins table, 12 x 37 ins travel (LMV-50)
- R-8 spindle, 3 hp , variable speed (60-4,500 rpm)
- Spindle runout of no more than 0.0002” TIR
- Hard chromed ways provide long wear resistance
- Head tilt side to side, up and down
- One shot lubrication with back flow valve
- Tapered gibs for adjustment
- Dual clamps on knee and saddle that locks the knee and table evenly to the column and saddle to avoid skewing. Handles on the clamp are adjustable to 12 different positions.
- Improved design of Backlash Eliminator: Backlash Eliminator By Double Nut Design replaces the older design that squeezes a split nut to get rid of backlash. Sharp is the first one to use a double nut design that keeps the feed screw in contact with a pair of bronze nuts. Using a custom tool supplied with the mill, the feed nuts are adjusted to control backlash and held tight with a retaining nut and locking ring.
- Patented Knuckle Head design: The New Patented Knuckled-Head Design prevents the head from slipping. The Sharp mills have a knuckle which uses 6 bolts, 3 each side, fitted into circular T-slots with matching nuts securing them from the outside. It locks the head in place for better accuracy and performance than the old design using only 3 bolts to squeeze the casting to hold the head without the T-slots. (Patent No. 5044054)
- Better motor shaft support: Roller Bearing Support at the bottom of the motor shaft ensures proper loading, support and alignment of the spindle. It also prevents the distortion of the belts due to tension from long years of milling operation
- Patented sliding variable disc movement: Easy Access Lubricating Shaft is designed with an oil channel in the center that is fed by a grease fitting at the lower end for longer motor shaft life. (Patent No. 2848)
- Crank Handle Improvements: Thrust Bearings mounted at the end of the table and saddle pre-load the feed screw, eliminating end play for precisely controlled lateral movements.
- One Shot Lube System
- Hard-Chromed Ways
- Front and Rear Rubber Way Covers
- Tool box with tools
- Wired 220V or 440V (Specify)
- Auto Lube Pump with 2 Adjustments
- "Sharp" Power Table Feed with Safety Handle
- "Sharp" Power Cross Feed with Safety Handle
- "Sharp" Power Knee Feed with Safety Handle
- 6 ins "Kurt" Vise with Swivel Base
- Right Angle Milling Attachment with Arbor
- Drill Chuck & Drill Arbor
- 6 in. Riser Block
- Coolant System with Chip Pan (pump included
- "Maxi Torque Rite" Power Draw Bar Clamping Kit (52 pcs/Steel Rack)
- Halogen Work light
- CE mark
- 380V and 575V transformer
- UL components upgrade with electrical box
- UL compliance certificate under State of California
- Digital Readout System
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: Data is provided by the manufacturer.
WARRANTY: 1 YEAR – Parts
|Table Size||9 x 50 in. (230 x 1270 mm)|
|T-slots (No., Size, Pitch)||3, 5/8, 2.5 in. (3, 16, 63.5 mm)|
|Table Travel : X Longitudinal||37 in. (940 mm)|
|Table travel : Y Cross||12 in. (304 mm)|
|Quill travel: Z Vertical||5 in. (127 mm)|
|Ram Travel||12 in. (304.8 mm)|
|Knee travel : Vertical||16 in. (406 mm)|
|Spindle Center to Column||6.75 - 18.5 in. (171-470 mm)|
|Spindle Nose to Table Top||2.125 - 18 in. (3.1 - 457 mm)|
|Spindle Nose Taper||R-8|
|Spindle Variable Speed Range||60-4500 rpm|
|Spindle Motor (220V/440V)||3 HP|
|Quill Feed (Inch/Min)(3 speeds)||.0015, .003, .006 in.|
|Quill Diameter||3.375 in.|
|Head Swivel Angle||360°|
|Head Tilt Angle (L/R)||90°|
|Head Tilt Angle (Up/Down)||45°|
|Floor Area (W x D x H)||7 x 6.5 x 6.7 ft. (2.1 x 2 x 2 M)|
|Approximate Weight||2,500 lbs. (1,133 Kg.)|
|Power Consumption (220V)||3 KVA/8 amps|
|Power Consumption (440V)||3 KVA/4 amps|